Monday, December 8, 2014

Introvertedness

Days ago, I've read a blog about the disadvantages of introverts which was sent to me by an introvert friend. I will not quote the site for I don't want the writer to gain popularity *lol*. 
The blogger's writing seems to be full of hate towards his own kind, and I just thought he must be frustrated about himself or just having a bad day. >__<  But whatever it is, his entitled to his own opinion, no matter how bad it may sound. 
  
Now there's no human being who is perfect. Introverts and extroverts are named because of their differences. We can't expect people to act in a certain way which they really don't do in the first place. We shouldn't be demanding what people should do. 

I've been reading a lot of articles and blogs about being an introvert. The same friend offered me to read The Introvert's Way: Living A Quiet Life In A Noisy World, which made me realize my flaws and strengths even more. It's a fun read that points out almost every trait that an introvert has. I recommend this to every introvert and extroverts as well who wants to understand their family, partner, or friend. 

Introvert Comics

Now, all my life I thought about having personality problems, until I've read a bunch of articles and books.

I am sociable, but there are times that I rather go out alone than have company. I don't have problems talking to people. But I guess they're too afraid of being personal or serious in some times. I am not the life of the group but I feel giddy every time I get myself some small group discussions. I feel energized when I get to talk with people who discuss a variety of subjects, not just about gossips, people, or things. I easily get affected and drained by problems and negativity because I listen carefully. 

Extrovert friends are fun.  But I don't think I have a lot of extroverts in my circle of friends. I think I drain them too much or I just don't feel connected to them.

I have my place in the world, but I want to explore more. It still needs some courage to step out of my comfort zone, but I'm willing. Still, I feel happy being me. 

0 catnips:

Post a Comment