Thursday, December 11, 2014

Just Another Fish In The Sea

I've decided to start a new.

As dreadful as it may sound, I've decided to move on with my life without a serious relationship.  I believe there is no reason to be in one when, 1- you don't have common goals, even interests, 2- you can't understand and don't have the patience for your partner's flaws, 3- you are not friends, and 4- religion.  

Like Dory from Finding Nemo says,
"Just keep swimming..."
Photo credit
No matter how short or long the relationship has gone, it will never be easy. I'm just willing to pick myself and start over again. Despite being nostalgic at times, I just have to endure the pain and grieving. It's a part of break ups, it may or may not take long before things start to be okay again. 

For the meantime, I'm laying out my plans for next year.  I'm anxious about what's going to happen. As for now, I'll just have to enjoy my time being single.  

I haven't been single for years.  My first serious relationship was around 2001 that lasted for 2 years and 3 months. Next was almost 5 years. Another lasted for 2 years and 7 months, then a really short one followed. Lastly, 3 years and a month. Just imagine how much I've been through all those years.  

I can't say that I'm a good girlfriend, but I think I've been challenging, personality wise. All I can say is my focus was on the people I had a relationship with, disregarding my growth as an individual. I've lost touch of my talents and interests, and I wasn't able to build a good career with something I love to do. 

I guess it's time to give myself the attention that I deserve. There will always be fishes in the sea. 

0 catnips:

Post a Comment